Domain authority of a website plays an important role in ranking of your site. If your domain authority is ranked higher among various search engines, you drive more traffic. Thus, you earn high rewards, in the form of sales and revenues. Moreover, if you want to measure your SEO efforts or strength of your website, you need high domain authority. Furthermore, it also helps you compete effectively among your competitors.
- 1 What Is Domain Authority?
- 2 Tips To Increase Domain Authority
- 3 Conclusion
What Is Domain Authority?
Domain authority is a ranking metrics, which is developed by Moz. This ranking metrics measure your credibility and your performance on 1 to 100 scale. Thus, if you are closer to 100, you will generate high ranking and more traffic. In the other case, it’s the opposite.
No one wants to look at the other side, be optimistic and work hard for the better. However, making an alteration in your domain authority or setting up a good domain authority will not rank you on the first page overnight. It takes time; it’s a long process and requires consistent hard work. Before we get into any details check your sites domain authority on Link Explorer. It’s a free tool created by Moz itself.
To conclude in one line; domain authority assesses the performance of your entire website. Now, without any further delay, let’s look into some ways how domain authority can increase.
Tips To Increase Domain Authority
Good Domain Creates An Impression
Your domain name is the most essential element of your site. It creates a direct impact on your user. Thus, if you want to create that awe-inspiring impression that leaves a long-lasting impression. Work through your domain name. Moreover, ensure to include the following things when picking up a domain name:
- It should be relevant to your site
- Enroll SEO keywords within the domain name
- Your domain name should be easy to remember. Remember: Complex, highly unique or difficult domain names have a high frequency to be forgotten
So, create a domain that lasts an impression, so your domain authority increases. Moreover, you are ranked higher among various SERP’s.
Create Optimized, High-Quality On-Page Content
The online world only recognizes your site through your keywords. Thus, SEO techniques are essential for your domain authority, your ranking in SERP’s and for your site too. Due to this, while creating your on-page content, ensure the following tips:
- Optimize your content; including title tags, image alt tags, and
- Don’t only focus on your main keywords; include variations.
- Create short and relevant permalinks
- For every new post create sidebar section.
- Create long-form contents, but quality matters
- Make your content user-friendly
- Create an impact with your content
- Include images, infographics, and video; they create a superb impact on the reader.
Conduct A Link Profile Audit
Your domain authority relies on your link profile, so ensure you have a healthy link profile. Remember, your link profile is the backlink of your site. Thus, to achieve maximum follow the following guidelines:
- Create variety in link profile; it creates authoritative, and a trustworthy site.
- Create a healthy link profile; follows Google’s guidelines
- Do not buy or sell links that pass PageRank
- Avoid excessive link exchange
- Avoid Over stuffing in keyword rich anchor text links
- Create relevant and high-quality backlinks
Thus to assess your current link situation, you need to perform link profile audit. There are various tools; such as Moz’s Open Site Explorer, Majestic, Ahref’s and others. However, SEMrush backlink audit tool the best, it’s my preference too. Moreover, conduct a link audit and remove all unwanted links to clean your link profile. Through this process, you will not only make Google happy but increase your domain authority too.
Your SEO determines the credibility of your domain authority. It is the most successful site strategy. So, don’t lose the game without implementing it. Moreover, you need to improve your both on-page and off-page SEO. Below I am highlighting some of the ways you might consider working on:
- Meta tags:
Meta tags are title tags and meta descriptions that help search engines find your site for your user. Thus, if you want your consumer or reader to find you, your meta tags will help you. If users can find you, your content and your site easily, your domain authority increases.
- Mobile-friendly SEO
Remember, mobile is creating the most web traffic so, you need to pay close attention to this strategy. Your site should be responsive and should avoid annoying interstitials. Google has launched a mobile-first index. Thus, if your site is not mobile-friendly; you have lost your battle against Google.
Moreover, focus on mobile SEO strategies, they are essential. On the other hand, typical issues like speed, user experience, and site navigations play a credential role too. Cater to all these issues well.
Increase Your Domain Authority With High-Quality Links
Link building plays an important role in improving domain authority. If you are not pursuing high-quality links, you may not be able to compete effectively. Moreover, the online world is bombarded with sites; to stand out among these numbers is a crucial task. Only, the right strategy will help you reach a sublime position. So, to keep things on the right track, international link building is essential.
Earn high-quality links to your site through the following ways:
- Ensure your local business is listed in Google My Business, Yelp, Trip Advisors And Better Business Bureau Directories.
- Post your Guest blogs on popular sites in your niche area to drive traffic and establish repute among SERP’s.
- Request other sites to replace your link to those broken links on their site.
- Search your image occurrences on other sites. Request them to include a link back to your site. You can search your image occurrence through a reverse image search tool.
Link building will create a significant impact on your domain authority. Thus, it’s not just SEO that matters. However, link building is crucial for the success of your business in this competitive online world.
To wrap it up, your domain authority plays an important role. But don’t be obsessed with it. A low score does not depict that your site is not performing well. Whereas, a good domain authority score wouldn’t just let you rank higher or drive you better traffic. It is just a prediction. It takes time to streamline things. Your primary focus should be to create a high quality, unique SEO-friendly website. Let the time, heal all issues.
Focus on your strategies, and you will earn high revenues and rewards.
Over to you: add your favorite technique for increasing domain authority in the comments
This list will never be complete without your contribution.